Saturday, July 23, 2016

Weeks 6 Through 9 - A Journey Through Space and Time

Saturday, July 23, 2015 - My blogging activities haven't decreased due to lack of interest, but rather lack of reportable events.  No much of note has transpired since my last entry.  I continue trolling the usual sites in search of that elusive perfect lead.

Don't get me wrong, leads are coming in and some quite good!  But as good as they may seem to most people they simply aren't engaging to me.  I have a deep need to be of significant value to a company, not just a replacement part that keeps a business together because someone else failed.

I'm beginning to see the flaw in my employment quest, the companies I want to work with don't have an actual position established for which I would neatly fit.  Although I have no doubt I could bring significant cost-effective value to these companies they need to be convinced that a new position is in order.  Admittedly, sales is not one of my upper level skills and convincing them they need to create a position for me may be beyond my current abilities.  A realization that does have me educating myself on that process.

Speaking of challenges, managing my schedule seems to have become a bit of a task.  By nature I like to have my time completely managed and schedule so I know exactly what I'm doing, when and how long it will take to complete each task.  Working in an office there was a specific demarcation as to when the workday began and ended with neat little slots for lunch and breaks.  These chronological cues no longer exist for me, so I needed to create my own.

In nature, astrological events guide earthly creatures.  Being (arguably) earthly creature this seemed to be a logical homeopathic approach to time management.  Within Microsoft Outlook I imported sunrise, sunset, solar noon, meridian passing (essentially lunar noon), new moon and full moon.  I then built my schedule around these fixed points.

The great benefit I've found by this method is that I am no longer bound by the typical 24-hour daily cycle.  A great advantage should I fully embrace the freelance lifestyle and solicit global clients from various time zones.

I really have a distinct feeling that you will begin seeing a shift in my entries as I transform from job hunter to entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment