Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 18 - More Unemployment Challenges

Surprisingly keeping positive hasn't been a problem.  I guess you eventually get to the point where you deal with so many adverse events that you become conditioned to it.

I had what I thought was a great 2nd interview for a position I really thought was going to be given to me. Unfortunately there were three other finalists and I wasn't one of them.  I really didn't get any feedback as to why I didn't get the job but in hind site it may have been my over confidence.

To add flame to the fire my fiance whom quickly jumped into a retail sales position to help with the home finances lost her job.  In the moment I was flushed with emotions... anger, disrepair.  Instead of breaking down though, I just hopped in the car and drove to an old park I used to frequent as a kid and spent a few hours gathering my thoughts.

Being well over the halfway point where my unemployment benefit ends has certainly made me reassess my target employment searches.  I'm looking at both professional and near-entry level positions.  Though I love money as much as anyone, my actual salary requirements to live what I consider a comfortable existence is actually on the low side.  I'm content with the simple things and am happy with my current level of existence.   I have all the "things" I want and need and being able to maintain and replace them as needed would make me content.

No comments:

Post a Comment