Thursday, June 16, 2016

Week 3 - It Really Wasn't THAT Bad!

Tuesday, June 6, 2016 - I had a few private messages saying that my last post was a bit of a pitty party.  Well.. I guess it wasn't as positive as I was hoping but in light of everything I think I'm doing a pretty good job at maintaining my composure.

I think this week will truly mark the end of the initial phase of this process.  The "vacation hearing" is over and done with and the state paid my my unemployment compensation retroactively.  I at least now have a little understanding why this was even the case.  It was a matter of a few questions left blank from my former personal department... I'm sure just a clerical oversight.  (That didn't sound too passive aggressive, did it?  Yea.. I know.. I'm doing my best.)

Lots of deep breaths and sitting out in the sun trying to relax this week.  Home-life is somewhat stressful, mostly because I'm just not used spending this much time with my significant other.  Mind you we're not having any "problems" per se, just getting used to this new dynamic.  She'd normally have her daily routine while I'm at work and I'm still settling into one.  But it's all good.

Now that the unemployment money is definitely flowing and I have a solid written budget, we're no longer in panic mode.  The fun food is back on the grocery list and occasional casual dining and ordering out is back on our schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment