Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 4 - Officially on the Dole

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - I just spotted my first electronic deposit from the Unemployment Office.  Guess that makes me officially on State assistance.  Part of me says it's about time I see some benefit come out of all the money I've paid into the system over the years while the other half of my says this is utterly embarrassing and why the heck am I blogging about this?  I guess I can live with myself knowing that I'm using it as intended...  a simple crutch as I get over this small challenge and I'll soon be paying back into the system so that those who have made it a career path can do so. that those who are in need of State benefits can continue to live with dignity.  (You saw what I did there?  Yea, as my mindset shifts towards self employment there is less need for the charade.. not that it really is that.. but obviously I've been behaving a little better than usual knowing that potential future employers are hopefully scouring my social media).

Now where was I?  Dang, this is starting to read like a Deadpool fan fiction article.  (Note to self.. add copywriter to list of skills).

This week the State sent me a request to attend an "Enhanced Re-Employment Services Orientation". I looked up this program because the letter wasn't very descriptive and according to the State Website..
The Enhanced Re-employment Services program identifies customers who are likely to exhaust their unemployment benefits before returning to the same or similar employment.
Wow, aren't we positive.  Hmm...  wonder if the state is hiring copywriters?

I really hope they've dealt with others that share my mindset.  I have two lines of questioning that I'm going to push on them... 1) Do they have any assistance programs for finding work and relocating out of the state?  2) Do they consider self-employment and entrepreneurship a "job" and do they have any programs that can assist in that venture?

I really hope so, teaching me "how to dress for success" or formatting a resume isn't really going to help me a whole lot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment