Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week Two - Life Support Disconnected.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - Okay, maybe the title of this post is a bit dramatic, but it's just what I feel like has happened.  Today is my last day of company paid health benefits and it's a bit frightening.  My fiance seems to believe there's some free State programs available but I'm not optimistic.  From what I gather they have minimum asset requirements (I own a home, so that disqualifies me) and they determine income as your last two years averaged.

I did get my COBRA offer in the mail... it's no secret that its kind of ridiculous to think many people can afford that while being laid off and while ObamaCare is an option, the affordable plans are really only to protect you from major medical expenses over $10k.  Certainly an option if I go the self-employed route but at this point with or without it any catastrophe would wipe out the finances quickly.

Other than that, I'm still pondering my direction.  Mostly doing a lot of networking with both potential employers and entrepreneurs.

Of note I did learn something new.  Had no idea that "Adult Internship" was a thing.  Stumbled upon the website of BoomerDen.com and thought it was quite interesting.  Certainly something I may explore.

For those of you playing at home, I have not received my first check from unemployment yet.  I do think that is mainly because I was released mid-week.

No comments:

Post a Comment